Korea has an exotic city view, because historical palaces are located in the middle of the city. In Seoul, there are several palaces like Kyoungbok Palace, Deoksu Palace etc. Do you know Hwaseong Fortress? Hwaseong Fortress is located in Suwon. Many Koreans don’t know that Hwaseong Fortress is one of the UNESCO World Heritages. In Korea, there are 10 places that are chosen by UNESCO. These include Jongmyo, Changdeok Palace, Hwaseong Fortress, Seokgulam, Bulkooksa and so on. Especially Hwaseong Fortress, Changdeok Palace and Jongmyo are located in Seoul or near Seoul, so it’s very comfortable to visit these 3 places.
Hwaseong Fortress in Suwon
I think as a visitor, you should visit Hwaseong Fortress before leaving Korea. Hwaseong Fortress was built in the 18th century. Hwaseong Fortress was built for military defense strategic position, also political and administrative aim. More interestingly, UNESCO usually doesn’t accept duplication, but Hwaseong Fortress was heavily destroyed during the Japanese Invasion of Korea in 1592. However, Korean government found the blueprint of Hwaseong Fortress and rebuilt it. UNESCO agreed that Hwaseong Fortress had been rebuilt, but it’s perfect. After that they decided to register the Hwaseong Fortress as UNESCO World Heritage.
Do you want to know more about Hwaseong Fortress?
Follow this link! http://ehs.suwon.ne.kr/



I want to visit Hwaseong Fortress.
ReplyDeleteI really love histrical place.
JeongJo buit the Hwaseong Fortess for his father and want to move the capital. I saw the historical drama on a TV.
When I was younger, I have been Hwaseong Fortress. But that was a long time ago, so I can't remember. Seeing this blog, I think the view is so beautiful. If the opportunity arrises, I want to go there again.
ReplyDelete